12/6/12 | By: Carl Ace

What We Used to Be


Misunderstandings untangled kill like bandits:
You might stay silent until you know it’s too late.
Puzzles unsolved raze like speckled grenades:
In time they’ll become the reason for distance forever.

Sometimes I break down, I fall apart.
I think I miss you but I’m locked with no choice.
Sometimes I fall asleep wondering where did I fell short?
And wake up limp with your absence beside me.

I believed in destiny like how I trusted love,
 (Felt safe merely by the stares of your eyes)
But then now I just feel imperfect; unworthy.
I must have missed the boat that just sailed away.

I never promised to give you the stars and the skies,
Yet I did swear to live beneath them with you forever.
That’s why it’s hard for me seeing us changing,
But the worst is remembering how happy we used to be.

0 comments:

Post a Comment