2/5/12 | By: Carl Ace

Dance When Summer Rains


Dance When Summer Rains
Carl Ace R. Parilla

Can I ask you to dance when summer rains?
(When rains come rare like wolves at noon)
It could be tough but if your smile ordains,
My dear I'll hold your hands and I shall croon.

I'll hold you tight near me so you won't fall,
Your sweetest laugh will be our melody;
As I profess to you my pleasant call,
Hope you'll not turn me down so heartlessly.

But if you won't come and there's no more rain,
Maybe next summer you'll might give me chance;
My eyes for long would stare the window pane,
For long I'll wait until you come and dance.


Yes both the summer rains and you are rare
Yet still I'll wait for you for prize is fair.





*A Shakespearean(English) Sonnet written in Iambic Pentameter.

This is my first time to write a sonnet and observed the proper way of writing it. I'm just happy because even though I wrote way too far from Shakespeare did, I still made it in one sitting only. I studied how its done by reading some how to's in Google earlier. I find it funny because primarily, I planned to write a poem of same title in a freewriting manner, but I just don't know when it came into my mind to write a sonnet. I simply found myself searching in Google for instructions on how to write it.

Yes its not so flowered with beautiful metaphors and figure of speech, but I believe the poem would still stir some argument to a reader's mind. Why would he ask her to dance at summer rains when infact its rare? Why would he thinks it would be hard for him to persuade her to dance with him? The answers depends on you. :)

I hope you enjoyed this sweet piece of my literature. Feel free to comment and your advices, reactions, suggestions, especially your adorations are openly welcomed. Thank you!

0 comments:

Post a Comment